"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."
-Plato-

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Woo woo yeh yeh~~~ Another day of story!

WOOOOOOOOH! Today i bought a new shoe! A RUNNING SHOE!! ITs "Brooks Launch!" A cool cardinal red!!! WOW!

Enough with the ranting.. =D Today's a story day.. I'm beginning to think that nobody ever reads this blog.. T_T Come on... Talk to me.. Let me know i am living on Earth and not on Mars... T_T

======================================================================

Love/Friend..

12.35..Breaking News
"The Airbird 756 had just taken off this morning when air turbulence and storm clouds caused the jumbo jet to crash into a nearby mountain range.. There was no survivors." My grandfather recounted.. as he showed me a news article dated 23 April 2010..Clipped to the article was a photograph of him and a peculiar man.. Seemingly tall.. Behind them was the ill-fated Airbird 756, hours before the crash..

"Marcus... that man, i could never forget.. He was my best friend.. He was the one who helped your Grandma to tie the knot with me.."

"What did he do? Gramps?"

"Lets start from the beginning shall we? It all started when we were in secondary school.. We were strangers back then.. But we soon became close friends when our second year was closing..He was a quiet man, but he would always make his friends happy.. no matter the cost nor the price.."

"Such a man existed? In a world of money?" 

"Yes son..He could trade his happiness for the happiness of others.. During the second half of the third year, he fell in love.. with a girl.. Your Grandma...She wasnt exactly pretty back then but she was in her heart and mind..She charmed us both.. Well.. He did many things to impress her.. He wrote her poems secretly.. He gave her gifts.. but none appealed to her.. When it was clear that he wasn't the one.. He went into depression.. Because i was the one.. "

"Grandma liked you? You are lucky.."

"Yeah.. I am.. Because he was my friend.. I didn't wanna betray him.. so i avoided her as much as possible.. But somehow.. I fear that i would hurt her feelings.. It was then..He called me.. He said.."Jake.. I'm leaving this place.. I'm taking my studies elsewhere in the world.. I'll leave on 23 April..My Dad wants me to further my studies without distraction. Can you come over now? I got something i wanna give you.." I was shocked when i first heard the news.. I went over to his house immediately..When i got there.. He gave me a letter.. To give to your Grandma.. He told me it was a letter of confession before he leave.. I was saddened by the fact that he was my best friend.. yet he has to leave..Before i left his house.. he gave me a smile and shaked my hand one last time.. His smile, I can never forget.. It feels as though he has something planned.."

"So.. Did you see him off?"

"I did.. I did.... He told me to give your grandma the letter after he left.. I did.. The whole class was there to see him off.. I gave your grandma the letter.. Her face blushed.. I took the letter from her.. and i read it..

"Dear Carol, Whenever i am sitting at my desk in class, I would always gaze your way.. Whenever i see you being reprimanded by the teacher.. It breaks my heart.. Here is a rose, It will never die, for it symbolises my love for you.. Would you accept me? 

Jake."

Marcus.. He played such a big prank on me.. One which i am grateful for.. It was no wonder he told me to take care of her before he left.. As i left the Airport and went home beaming.. I caught news of the disaster.. I was thoroughly hit by his death.. He helped me so much.. yet i could not repay him.. I could not save him.. I am useless.. The only thing i can help him is.. to love your grandma in his place.."

"If only i had such a friend.. It would be great.."

"You will son, There is always an angel in your life who will help you to achieve great things..Here, this.. Is a rose. It has always been with me since that day.. I never told your grandma about this.. Treat this as a family heirloom, for this is the thing that made our family.."

=======================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment